It's that time of year where I beseech the baseball gods for a few things for the upcoming season. It's kinda like asking Santa for something at the mall. You know you probably won't get everything you asked for, so you ask for a lot and hope you get what you really, really want.
- Ken Griffey would finally stay healthy. I grew up with Junior, and it pains me to see his struggles. I learned to play with enthusiasm and a love for the game from him.
- Joe Mauer gets a chance to play without knee trouble. It's sad to see a kid with such potential to not get to use it. (As I say "kid", I realize he is almost 3 years older than me.)
- The Nationals do well. I feel for this organization. Everyone deserves a home. Now that they have one, I hope it works out well.
- Rick Ankiel can find a place to fit. After imploding in the playoffs a few years ago, I really felt bad for him. Today, he went 1-2 as DH for the Cardinals. He's moving to the outfield now. I hope for his sake it works out.
- Baseball sorts out the steroid issue. As a fan, nothing upsets me more than watching players openly scoff at a way to clear their names and restore baseball's dignity and prestige.
- A four-peat